Sunday, February 10, 2013

Reflections

“There are two ways of spreading light: to be 
The candle or the mirror that reflects it.” 
                                                                                        Edith Wharton


During winter I often stand in the sunroom looking out with camera at the ready to catch something new growing, in motion or just a tiny something I find amazing.  When I pull up my photographs I often find the above reflection, and I hit delete.

This morning I woke to the sound of rain and thunder.   I left everyone upstairs and eased downstair to write,  catch up and enjoy a few minutes of quiet time with my book.  I stepped out into the sunroom and saw the reflection of the fireplace in the window reminding me to stop, to breathe and take a few minutes to reflect a week past...

via
meeting a good friend for lunch,
(we stayed a bit closer to home)


  preparing for book group with my electrical power out; 


 enjoying a lively conversation both about our book and other subjects,


  looking out one afternoon to find


old friends 


 returning to the garden,


 how bringing home a simple bouquet made my heart smile,


 raindrops falling on the skylight giving me a morning of music,


of all that is sweet,


and all the sweet moments which lie ahead.

And now,  at the end of my reflection....I know I am truly blessed.

Have a wonderful week, and savor all that is good and beautiful.

8 comments:

  1. Dear Bonnie - such a wonderful uplifting post. You are the second person to mention Edith Wharton in the past week. I must check out her books. Take care and thank you for making my heart light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post Bonnie . . . words of thought and pictures of perfect. Is the little red breasted bird a Redpole?
    Happy Sweet Week!
    Love, Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am smiling! The pictures and prose were lovely and hopeful and I can imagine the song of the pre-springtime birds.

    I also took pictures on Friday as the snow started to lay on my deck. The reflection of my lit fireplace also came through. Even though hubby suggested I delete them, I found them mystical and beautiful also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were both the candle and the mirror today, Bonnie. Lovely post. May you have a wonder filled week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said Bonnie:) You are content and happy.. how great is that! The marvels of each day, and being thankful for all the little things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice week, and a pleasant orderly house glimpsed in the background too... I hope your next week is also good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are blessed and content, i am as well. we have a wonderful life, we are so lucky to know that!!

    your bird images are fabulous, as is your choice for lunch. now pass the cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad that the firelight reflections caused you to reflect and share your week with us. ( I often have this problem with my photos.) What a lovely selection of visitors to your bird table.

    ReplyDelete