Saturday, October 20, 2012

What a Wonderful World!

I have been fortunate these last twelve months to travel a bit.  No matter where I found myself,  across an ocean,  in a city a thousand miles away or just outside my own back door I found something wonderful.  

Here are the lyrics of one of my favorite songs.
May you always find something wonderful in your world.

"I see trees of green


Red roses too
I see em bloom for me and for you



And I think to myself
What a wonderful world.


I see skies of blue
clouds of white


Bright blessed days


dark sacred nights



And I think to myself
What a wonderful world.


The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky

via pinterest
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shaking hands, sayin


How do you do
They're really sayin
I love you.


I hear babies cry
I watch them grow


They'll learn so much more
Than I'll never know

a page from "The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore"

And I think to myself....



What a wonderful world."

Happy Sunday!


13 comments:

  1. I listened to that song yesterday! It is a beautiful world, and you are right, we should stop and really appreciate the beauty of the everyday things. My heart is lighter and more joyful just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My very favorite song . . . beautiful photos of yours as I sang along.

    I once attended a memorial service for a friend where someone played the piano with someone on trumpet . . . it was stunningly beautiful . . . It exemplified the life of my friend Phyllis who saw and treated LIFE as a wonderful world . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my most favorite songs too, and your photos bring it to life! :)
    Thank you for this lovely beginning to the start the day!
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  4. After nerly two weeks staying close to home, i got out in the 'hood yesterday to discover that fall has painted everything ... and i felt exactly that song. Lovely post, bonnie. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great post - I love it! Just how I feel about life most of time. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Bonnie

    How beautiful that you put such special images beside the lyrics.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very, very well done. I sang along and enjoyed the trip with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love everything about this post!
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous photos; they really made that song come to life. We really do live in a wonderful world, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! This made me smile and it is all so true. Thanks, Bonnie, for such an uplifting post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful post, I sang it all the way through ! Have a great week-end, Bonnie !x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Bonnie, this post is so wonderful. Thank you!...Have a lovely week ahead.

    ReplyDelete