Sunday, November 21, 2010

Weekend in Review

This is where Roger and I are sitting while enjoying this early evening.  He is checking out all the latest Longhorn news, and I am reviewing a somewhat productive weekend. (You gotta love wireless internet!)

The Art Center hosted their annual student sale on Saturday.  I had heard you really had to get there early to get the "good stuff".  Roger and I were up  and out of the house early enough to go have a little breakfast.  The Metroplex was filled with works from all mediums.  We found several pieces we liked, but were snatched before we made a second round.  We left with a black and white photograph titled Morning Vision.  (I'm getting too much glare from the glass to share tonight.)

After leaving the the art sale, I wanted to go looking for a couple of bookshelves.  I have been so inspired by everyone, I thought I might be able to find something to rehab.  There are not a lot of bookshelves out there.  I did find this at Fabulous Finds.

Not just one -- a pair.  I fell in love with these chairs.   They will be going to live with Heather in St. Louis. 

Today, I replaced these


with these.



One flat of pansies was not enough to complete the border.  Hopefully I will find the same variety tomorrow.



So, before my lovely fire dies down, I think I will hit publish, close my laptop and enjoy this lovely November evening.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Davis would be so jealous of your outdoor fireplace - he has been wanting one of those for years! I am jealous of how relaxing your evening sounds, I just published the opposite sort of blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was astonished when I saw your fireplace patio. Ours is exactly like that - even the lights (only difference being the color of our adirondacks)! We've had such a lovely fall we've been able to spend many lovely evenings out there. And the chairs you found are great - LOVE them! Karin

    ReplyDelete