Thursday, November 4, 2010

"They Were All of Them Saints....."

All Saints Day was Monday; it was the subject in Children's Chapel Wednesday morning.  To describe a Saint, Father Danny ask the children,  "What happens when the sun shines through the stained glass window?"  He went on to explained the light shines through, lights up the window so we can see the colors, and makes it pretty.  He went on and explained that is what Saints do, they give us light so we can see things better.  He told about a Saint in his life, his Grandmother.  After telling the story of how she affected his life, he ask the children if they could think of someone who was a Saint.  Several hands went up.  Here are a few of the answers:
  • my Dad, the sun shines on him
  • my brother tries to like me  
  • my sister plays with me 
  • my Dad throws the football to me over the bushes
Father Danny ask for one more.  A little girl raised her hand, and he asked,
"Who has been a Saint in your life?"  She said, "Jesus".  He paused, then  continued, "Okay, how does Jesus show you light?"  She gave her one word response, "love".   Five children, one answer .  Maybe we adults overthink  things.

"....God help me to be one too."

    3 comments:

    1. These are gorgeous wooden figures, Bonnie. Are they yours?

      ReplyDelete
    2. Charlotte, Thank you, they are mine. I don't remember where I found them. I want to say Santa Fe. I can't go there without bringing something home with me. I've never been quite sure if they were seasonal or not. I like them; I leave them out year 'round.

      ReplyDelete
    3. What a wonderful post on how we can learn from our children!

      ReplyDelete