Monday, February 17, 2014

A Very Good Day!

It was an absolutely beautiful weekend here.  
Who could imagine the difference a few days would make.
A week ago we woke to snow and more cold 
(we have had more extreme cold than snow).   


This weekend, though the mornings were cool, the sun shone and beckoned us to put down the book, the knitting, turn off the computer and head outdoors.
And, we didn't hesitate to answered the call.


We spent the afternoon walking the trails of a nearby park, enjoying the sun and fresh air.
The paths were crowded with individuals, couples and families.  There were runners, walkers, strollers and bikers.  Smiles and hellos were abundant.  It was just that kind of day.

With the sun setting we began our trek back.  Occasionally I could hear something moving along with me,  hidden by the brush.  It was a bit spooky (it is too cold for snakes?); I couldn't resist. Though R. and Willie continued to walk, I stopped, listened and waited.  Our companion remained elusive.  It wasn't until we had almost reach the end of the trail, I spied a park occupant.

He stopped while I fished my phone out of my pocket.  Though shy, he didn't seem
too bothered by my presence.

He showed me his profile.


Then, "No more photos, please"


And he was gone.


As the  armadillo was probably just waking,
my day was coming to a close.


Who knows what will come tomorrow; it is winter.
This was a very good day!

I'm wishing you beautiful days, soon!

10 comments:

  1. What a treat that must have been . . . although a bit intimidating too! Happy you were able to get some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful day Bonnie! Love the photos and your secret admirer..thanks for taking me along! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. An armadillo, wow, how cool. When the sun comes out, especially after all this horrible winter, everybody needs to go out and take in all the rays. I am glad you enjoyed your lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! An Armadillo. I have only envisioned them in the heat! It rained all weekend up here in the Pacific Northwest. I am ready for a soft sunny day so I can plan primroses. Thanks for popping in to visit!
    w/L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow seeing an armadillo is quite amazing! How fortunate that you were able to capture the moment on film.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you making that wish for me. The cold and grey has went away and ten thousand stars were shining down on me last night.
    Smiles, Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  7. a very cool sighting and beautiful winter snaps!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! I can't imagine seeing an armadillo in the wild, though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Bonnie - what a delightful day for sure...sounds like winter took a bit of a break...so glad for you. Great sighting too. So glad you were able to catch the fella on film and share. Hope this means spring is not far off. We are still under a large snow pack here but melting because it is in the 40s and hurrah tomorrow 50's. May see some bare ground soon. Take care and have a good finish to your week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool. Are they dangerous to man, woman or pet?

    ReplyDelete