Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Prep


Here we are just hours away from Thanksgiving Day.
I don't know about you, but I am happiest when in the kitchen preparing a meal
for family and friends.


Favorite recipes located and reviewed.



Lists  made.


Supplies gathered.



Favorite music loaded.


Have I not shared I am a huge fan of Willie Nelson?
Who did you think was sweet Willie's namesake?
It was those eleven years spent in Austin.



Oh, a story for another day.


I've chopped, stirred and baked most of the day.


It has been the best day!

Family is just an hour away, the guest room has been fluffed and a pot of comforting
chicken soup is simmering on the stove just waiting to served.

I hope you have had the day you hoped for today.
If you are traveling, be safe.   If your home may you be surrounded with peace and love.
And, may you wake tomorrow with thanksgiving in your heart.

Happy Thanksgiving dear readers.

10 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving!!!! It sounds as if you spent the perfect day at home preparing for your wonderful family. I hope that you enjoy a fabulous day!

    xo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great American tradition Bonnie...I hope it's a wonderful day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy thanksgiving to you, too! Hope you have a wonderful time with your family. And I'm looking forward to that Willie story … someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your day continued with WOBDERFUL . . . I am happy I have met you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I imagine it would be a wonderful treat to be a guest at your home. I wish you loads of happiness today and always. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all looks and sounds wonderful, Bonnie, my mouth is watering for a slice of pecan pie! After all that preparation I'm sure that you and your family had a very happy thanksgiving.
    I too am waiting for the Willie story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving with your family. I agree, cooking for family and friends is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i can sooooo feel your joy!! it all looks amazing and i LOVED seeing your personal recipes, with those little bits of scribble on them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Bonnie
    Your organization and planning are impressive

    I hope you and your family had a beautiful re-union

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonnie - I so loved your post - I am sorry I am just reading it now but it sounds like you were going to have the best Thanksgiving ever. That pecan pie looks fabulous...bet there was none left. Have a beautiful start to December.

    ReplyDelete