Saturday, September 21, 2013

Summer's Encore

Today summer prepares to take her final bow;
make her exit for another year.
Although I am not her biggest fan, I am willing
to admit she unselfishly offers up a generous bounty.
 As the curtain begins it descent,  I
offer up thanksgiving for the moments with family
and the everyday little things.

Summer's Encore...

Farmer's Market bounty







for the body.

Walks this side of the garden gate






for the soul.

Garden visitors 




for the heart.

Celebrations



for the spirit.

Weekend travels



for adventure.

Idle pleasures



for escape.

And, a super moon


for dreaming.

10 comments:

  1. I will miss summer. That said, I am loving the already longer shadows of autumn. The sunlight seems more on the golden side. There is a nip in the air. I have apples, pumpkins and cranberries on my mind.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I missed my summer encore this year. I missed the bounty of fresh cut flowers in the house. Thanks for sharing yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, the end of summer is always tinged with sadness, no matter how much we complain about the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could practically taste that bowl of peaches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way to say goodbye to summer. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a great reminder of all the wonderful things that are summer!! i love her when she first arrives, but kinda like with some relatives, i am not so sad to see her go ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. When the summer's been that good, it's hard to say goodbye. I think I will hang on a couple more weeks, tho.

    Hope your new crop of children is working out well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You told a lovely story, Bonnie. The rewards of summer are quite marvelous, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete