Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

What a glorious week-end this has been! I've visited almost every nursery in town and Home Depot. (In fact I've already been out this morning and brought home a bunch of new stuff. I promised it is my last big push.) I can't even begin to list the things I've bought to put in the ground. I've enjoyed breakfast on the patio, drinks in the hydrangia garden and supper in the sunroom (only because of a late afternoon thunderstorms). Memorial Day weekend is our signal that summer is here. We really don't care that we have a couple of weeks before the actual first day of summer. We love to fireup the grill, stir up a little potatoe salad and chill the watermelon. Life is good!

My hope for today is as we play we remember we are able to freely go and do as we choose, because of brave men and women who are no longer here to enjoy the first sweet tastes of summer. Jesus died so that I might live. The brave soldiers, who we memorialize today, died that I might live freely. They humble me! I thank God for them and for their families, who now and forever will have an empty place at their table and in there home. May God continue to watch over and bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment