Monday, July 4, 2016

Random Thoughts on the 4th of July


Here we are, another July 4th.
 I love the fourth!

I love everything we celebrate on this holiday... the birth of our country,  our freedom, and our flag.  There has been much sacrificed to get us here today.  It probably depends with whom you talk to about where we are today and where we are going.  These differences arise with each generation.  I believe though as long as we remember it all began and begins with, not I but,


"We the people..."


we will continue to be able to say

I pledge allegiance to the flag

 of the United States of America,
And to the Republic for which it stands,
one nation
under God
 indivisible,
with liberty
and justice for all.

And celebrate the great nation we call home.




Thank you to all the men and women who have sacrificed 
and who continue to sacrifice to keep our flag flying high and proud.
You are the heroes!

I leave with a video my husband shared with me.
You might want some tissue handy.

The Old Ragged Flag

Happy Fourth!













6 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Bonnie . . .
    Thank your husband for the Johnny Cash video, Tattered and Torn Flag.
    Happy Independence Eve . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, that ragged old flag has seen too many wars. Beautiful and sad to watch at the same time.

    I hope you had a good 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Bonnie just a wonderful tribute to this country and what it stands for even in these times. Thanks for sharing. I have always enjoyed "The Old Ragged Flag" . Hope you enjoyed the Fourth. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same about our Maple Leaf. I always tear up at flag raising events especially if I happen to be abroad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks bonnie, you are always so thoughtful, so mindful of whats important!!! thanks for this wonderful reminder!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and I hope you're enjoying your summer!

    ReplyDelete