Monday, September 26, 2016

First Impressions

“He was a man of black and white.  
And she was color. 
All the color he had.” 


I am going to begin with saying I loved
A Man Called Ove.

You know the cliche' "You can't judge a book by it's cover", Ove (pronounce Oo-veh) is proof you can't judge a man at first meeting.  Ove is a grump, a bit off-putting.  He doesn't like change.  And.... he is anything but politically correct.

Ove has seen loss.  Everything he holds dear is tragically taken away, including the one person who saw past the shell into Ove's soul.  His only desire is to be reunited with his Sonja.  And yes, he has a plan.  He painstakingly sets up his departure only to be interrupted by his new neighbors.   Soon Ove's solitary existence is reluctantly taken over by a delightfully eclectic cast of characters and a cat.

Despite Ove's hard exterior I adored him from the very beginning.
  I hope you do as well. 

Do you trust your first impressions? 

I am currently reading....


My first impression?

Love it!

Happy Reading....

12 comments:

  1. I am need of a book and have read Ove already...perhaps the Frances Mayes book will be next.
    Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book is my "short list" to read yet this year, so glad to read your review of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two that I haven't read! In fact, I wasn't aware of the new Mayes' book. I've just been catching up on your posts and very much enjoyed them--especially the one about your summer with the grandchildren. How sweet!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a book that I would love reading.

    On the whole, I do not trust first impressions. There is always much more to learn about everyone and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting . . .
    I am ready for some good books . . .
    Thank you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Bonnie love reading your reviews. Both books look like special reads. Hope all is well as you move back into the classroom. Have a blessed week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT book reviews...for those who read ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved A Man Called Ove too! Such a moving story, and a reminder that there's more to people than we see on the surface.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am reading My Grandmother Asked me to Tell You She's Sorry by the same author!

    So nice to hear from you Bonnie. How is school and your work? And your precious grandkids? Will you be with them for the holidays?

    I hope that you are having a wonderful Fall. The weather here has finally moved to crisp nights and nice sunny days.

    Take care of yourself and do stay away from the media and social media. It is ugly out there. 22 more days until there is a change one way or another.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you must be very busy!! it was so nice to hear from you today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm currently reading A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler. Love her writing. I'll have add these to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have learnt that often our judgments that we make in first meeting blow away by the time because there is more person inside the person and time ,observation and experience reveals it gradually .
    great reads dear

    ReplyDelete