Tuesday, July 29, 2014

My Summer Favorites

We are just a little over half way into summer, and I am longing for the cool crisp days of Autumn.  Summer is not my favorite season, though she delivers so much of what makes me happy.   Schools will be opening their doors soon, and though there are actually around seven weeks of summer remaining, I feel the the long languid days quickly slipping away.   It may be a little premature, but I thought it would be a good time to share my "summer favorites" list.  


summer's fresh bounty


the summer garden 


 summer escapes 


summer refreshment
(I'm addicted)


summer visitors.


Summer is a slow moving season.  The temperatures are high
 and the days are long.   I slow down and take more time for

morning contemplation,


 getting back on track and reconnecting,


and creative discipline.


By far the best part of Summer 2014 is this little fellow, who
entered our lives two months ago.  
I suspect summer will never be the same...

summer blessings


Tick-tock,
Summer is fading fast.
What are your summer favorites?

8 comments:

  1. (It looks like my previous comment did not post!)
    Oh my goodness, how precious is your new little fellow!
    I am with you on loving the green mermaid's ice tea!
    Happy Midsummer, Bonnie!
    ~Lynne
    w/L

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, Baby W is precious--beautiful. What a joy! You know those vegetables are a summer hit in my house. Alas, we have had a very cool summer. While I love cool, tomatoes, cucumbers and melons do not. They are very slow in coming to market. I do believe your "addiction" is like mine. I can't pass a Starbuck's without one!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, Thank you, I am crazy for this little fellow. We have had a mild summer as well. The farmer's are bringing in the produce but it isn't quite as tasty. As much as I dislike the heat, it is what flavors our favorite summer veggies. Have a grand day! B

      Delete
  3. No, summer will never be better. Your life has changed and you even have a new name. There is so much more to enjoy and live for. The best is yet to come, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Arleen, I'm counting the moments till I have that angel baby back in my arms. I hope you are having a great day! B

      Delete
  4. awwww, number one grand is looking so very sweet, so very adorable. i am sure he has evoked all those loving emotions grandmas didn't know they could have, but do!!!

    i am not a lover of summer, it's just too hot for me. i do, however, LOVE all the festivals and fun events that fill my summer days. if i were the event planner, they would all be held during the spring or the best season of all, fall. i do adore my jersey tomatoes and corn as well!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best of summer is right there in that last photo . . .
    Happy days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post Bonnie and what a BEAUTIFUL boy! It has got me thinking as to my Summer favourites. I love the sound of the swifts and the swallows, beach-combing and the Jasmine in my garden... Have a happy end of Sumer Jane xx

    ReplyDelete