Monday, September 5, 2016

Thanks for the Memories!


Sigh

The sun has set on my last day of summer vacation. 

This has been one of the best summers.  
I don't know about you, but sometimes I work so hard at trying to make everything perfect, to keep everything picked-up and running on time, I forget to have fun.  And, I probably make everyone around me miserable. This year, I decided to sit back and enjoy the mess.  What I learned is, well, it is the best.

Here are a few scenes from my messy wonderful summer.

There were kitchen creations.



Help was always welcome


when creating sweet masterpieces.


Roger and I celebrated 36 years.


Sometimes we chased fire trucks,


because,  someone loves fire trucks.

Naps were a must.


Evenings were spent at the pool swimming
and just being cute.


There were surprises parked around every corner.


 There was the occasional impromptu game of 
monster bowling in the kitchen.


And, if you lost your shoes....


check on the stool.  
Seriously?  Where else might they be?

On a sad note.
We said goodbye to our children's dog,
I loving called the Diva.


Sweet Raven is greatly missed.

Summer is over. 
 The toys have been put away, and
the silence is deafening.
Oh, the memories!

I hope you have enjoyed a wonderful summer.
And a great Labor Day weekend.

Autumn.... we are awaiting your arrival!

9 comments:

  1. Your posts, Bonnie, always are a joy to read. The pictures of you and your grandchildren accompanied by your words are delightful and so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arleen, Thank you so very much. It was a wonderful summer and I loved sharing a small part of it. I hope you had a great summer as well. Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Looks like wonderful summer, Bonnie. Wishing you a happy fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, what a wonderful summer you had! Wishing you a happy fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a fun summer with the little ones! I'm also learning to enjoy life a little more and let the housework go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it sounds like you had an awesome summer, babies can do that to you ;)

    i am waiting for autumn with open arms. the heat was too much for me and i am looking forward to cooler temperatures!! nice to see you today bonnie, i have missed you!!!

    so sorry about diva, that can be such a heartbreak!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Bonnie so nice to read that you had a wonderful summer. Like you I struggle to have everything perfect but isn't it delightful when we decide to just let the day take us on a beautiful adventure. Think you did this a lot. Loved seeing those precious grandchildren. Have a great weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie,

    Isn't it funny that as we age the things that used to upset us and our sensibilities just seem like a pain in the ass and a burden to fun? I have adopted the same stance, I do not care about mrs, clutter and all that anymore. I am in the think of things enjoying life instead of on the sidelines cleaning up!

    Congratulations on 36 years! And I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Diva. IT is so hard when we loose our pets.

    I hope that school year is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely, a 'messy wonderful summer,' much deserved, I'm sure. How your grandchildren have grown and what a joy they must be to you.
    Here in South-West England summer has left us, the days are misty and damp and sometimes downright wet!

    ReplyDelete