Friday, June 24, 2016

How Do You Begin Your Day?

"...whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.  
Philippians 4:8


I hope you have had a fabulous first week of summer!  June is flying by here.  School was out the last week of May just in time to make a quick trip out of town to celebrate my grandson's second birthday.  A week later my daughter and children came for a two week visit I dubbed "Camp Bee".  It was all about having fun!

Camp Bee coincided with my two weeks of my schools summer playdays.  This year's playdays was a special time for me, my grandson had the chance to attend.   His room was across from my classroom, so I had the chance to peek in and check on him.   He had the best time with his new found independence;  I had the best time watching him.  

When we were not at the school, we worked in the garden, went swimming, ate ice cream, had pizza night and generally had a grand time.  Bonnie Rose enjoyed watching and napping.  I am keeping my fingers crossed Camp Bee becomes an annual event; I have plans... it can only get better.... right?

This week has been a quiet one without the chatter of my little ones' voices.  I am easing into my summer morning routine.   During the school year I don't have the luxury of quietly beginning the day.  Now I can take my time.  My day begins as I grab a cup of coffee and iPad, and head outside to spend some quiet time with my morning readings and listening to the sounds of summer.   I count on this time.  It sets the tone for my day, and it is a good thing. 

How do you begin your day? 
Do you start off slowly
 or do you bounce out of bed ready to conquer the world?

Have a fabulous weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Great scripture to start your post! Once I'm fully awake, I usually a "bounce and conquer" lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. so good to see you today bonnie!! i usually bounce, but lately that bounce has changed to a small crawl!!! happy birthday to that special little one...and how nice you could be close by for his new experience. a new experience for both of you!!!

    i just came indoors, from my porch time and watering. my gardens are doing well and looking beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My days use to have a nice gentle routine, but then we got a puppy who hasn't figured out sleeping in yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My day always starts with a cup of tea ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I start my days in a calm way, with a cup of tea and good thoughts. Wonderful post, and you have a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And what a great tone you are setting. I hope you have the loveliest summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Bonnie your scripture verse is one of my favorites. Like you I always start my mornings out with prayer and quiet time reading His Word. There is nothing better than being outdoors early in the day. So glad you had fun with your grandchildren. They are such a blessing. Have a great weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete