Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Cleaning Out and a Cake

Yes, the ugly continues.


The stack of magazines was only the tip of the iceberg.   I have declared this the year to declutter, clean out and reorganize.  I have lived in this house longer than any other; a lot can get shuffled, stored, stuffed in twenty years.   I frequently take on organizing projects, but am guilty of keeping a lot of "stuff" for sentimental reasons.   "No more!", she screams.

I am committing to 52 weeks of decluttering.  Well, maybe not a straight 52 weeks.  I will be taking a break this spring to welcome our second grand baby.   All the more reason to simplify and get this home in order now.

I really thought I could get the laundry/pantry area cleared out and reassembled over the weekend.  I wanted to have it finished before my husband returned from New Zealand.  And, I wanted to share my success with you.  My husband returned mid-mess, but rolled up his sleeves and helped install new shelves in the laundry room.   I'm almost there...  I'm pacing myself....

I've taken a little time to write, to read, and yes, I had to make the
Meyer Lemon Buttermilk Pudding cake.  And it was divine!




I would love to hear your tales and/or woes of organizing.

I hope your week is going well.  Hugs!

7 comments:

  1. Moving--the ultimate decluttering experience! We have been in the new (and smaller) house for six months and I'm still moving things around and getting rid of more. Books and magazines are the hardest for me. How lovely to be anticipating a new grandchild!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bit of a daunting task isn't it . . . I like the thought of 52 weeks of organizing, dumping, recycling . . . I awakened in the middle of the night this week thinking "how am I ever going to get rid of STUFF" . . . (I think I will adopt your 52 weeks and my husband too . . .) Let's wish each other a "get r'done" year . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I do try, Bonnie. However, I often find myself distracted. I find that to be a relief and what I really wanted to do anyway. I pat myself on the back though for starting and at least getting something done (however small).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Bonnie - you are certainly making a great start on the decluttering. I am doing lots of it here too. Amazing how much does get stored away and forgotten. Just finished up some shelves and closets this week. Keep sharing so I keep motivated too! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good for you bonnie!!! when i got rid of the boys (just kidding - not really) we torn this house apart and redid almost every corner. cleaned and organized until there was nothing left to organize, nothing, really nothing. now, i just keep up. that's easy for me as i don't work and have no little ones living here and no grand babies!!

    did i know there was another baby coming???? i don't think i knew that???

    i am the worlds best organizer, i wish i lived closer, i would come and help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my - your cake looks amazing! I may just have to try it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, it was back in January 2015 when I wrote a post about my magazine addiction! :D I love decluttering and look forward to hearing more about your "52 weeks of decluttering." Love the look of that cake. I'm a huge fan of Meyer lemons.

    ReplyDelete