Friday, April 24, 2015

Correction and Owning Mistakes


Last night as I lay reading a selection from Anne Lamott's Small Victories I realized I misspelled her last name in my last post.   I have been following Ms. Lamott's writing since picking up her book, bird by bird almost 20 years ago.  I do not believe this is the first time I have made this mistake.  Though I have her books in front of me, I have often referred to her as Anne Lamont.  My apologies to you and to Ms. Lamott.  I believe names are important, and I must own my mistake.

Now that was yesterday's goof-up.  I wonder what I'll do today.

Have a great Friday!

4 comments:

  1. I didn't even notice your mistake and I've read a number of her books. Bird by Bird is still one of my favorites on writing. You are forgiven!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. realizing what matters, it's so important!! i know the name of the girl at dunkin donuts and the nice man who pumps my gas. in new jersey, someone pumps for us!!!! point is, it is important to recognize everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all her books and now I need that one.
    As a claimer of mistakes (or at least I try) I understand- but no worries.

    Enjoyed visiting,
    Laura
    www.whitespraypaintblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't notice either. But I liked the "own up!" I always write Anne's name as Annie . . . not sure why . . .(So I am having an "own up" too.)

    ReplyDelete