Sunday, March 22, 2015

Ten Weeks Gone




It began at Christmas, and the end seemed so far away.


Bags and boxes were unpacked, furniture moved and rearranged, and 
changes became routine.


There were sleepless nights, sunny days perfect for walks in the park and around the neighborhood, first visits to the playground, and a long weekend for a road trip.  We had so much time to be together.

There were ice days,


and snow days,


and more snow days,


We awaited the New Year and the groundhog; celebrated  Mardi Gras, 
Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, milestones and birthdays. 


There were a lot of pizza creations
(another story for another time)

  
and nights of manic kitchen fun.

  
We know, though, time has a mind of his own; he is in constant forward motion... seconds turn to minutes, minutes to hours, hours to days, days to weeks, and weeks to months.  We think we have forever, then forever is gone.  

In the end we watched our children reunite, then, with a full heart, bid them farewell,
 as they returned to their home and life.


The house is now silent... no more early wake-up calls.
No more late night talks.
It is bittersweet,
but it is how it is suppose to be.

I have a happy heart to have lived it;
and, I have memories to make me smile.

Cherish each moment with those you love.

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, Bonnie. You must have loved every minute you shared, but as you said, it's wonderful to see the family together again. Keep those memories close to your heart. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, this sounds like a magical time! Just as I shared ten and twelve week stints eith my mom the last 3 years. How wonderful to have those precious memories!

    Cherish them, until you al, are together again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, such a delightful story of a real family held together by that one most important thing in life, LOVE! Thank you Bonnie for sharing your months of fun and the lovely photosof that time with your loved ones. Happy daddy is back - please thank him for his service to our country - and I just know you will have many more fabulous times together.
    Hugs - Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a warm, touching story, Bonnie; you are so selflessly proud of your family, and brave about the painful parting... it has left me with tears in my eyes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, Thank you so much for your kind words. I am afraid I am not very brave at all. I am only a mother who understands everything has it's season. . Again, thank you!

      Delete
  5. superbly told , I felt the feelings you shared, thank you... have a great week there despite the snow...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this. Profoundly and deeply. We had Dear Daughter and three young grandsons all to ourselves for eight months while SIL was deployed. He returned just before Christmas and experiencing the reunion was...well...no words.
    Bittersweet yes. A happy heart for all of us.
    Enjoy all those happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Special moments shared, precious memories made. How fortunate you were, Bonnie, to have had these past few months to experience this joy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooooo bonnie, you do that so well!! at this point in our lives, it's not easy, we enjoy a bit of routine and boredom. the quiet is ok!!! but you, always handle it all so well. i'm happy you had that special, unexpected time together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie, I forgot to tell you that your grandson is extra beautiful. His picture should be on all the jars of baby food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arleen, thank you so much! He is pretty special....then I am a bit prejudice I suppose. I am so fortunate to have had the chance to spend so much time with both my daughter and grandson. I hope you are having a good week. Bonnie

      Delete
  10. A very cute '9 months' photo... I'm sure that your house feels very quiet though. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful post . . .
    Adorable grand . . .
    Pretty daughter . . .
    Happy family . . .
    Memories to cherish . . .

    ReplyDelete