Saturday, December 13, 2014

Joyful, Joyful


  1. Joyful, joyful, we adore Thee,
    God of glory, Lord of love;
    Hearts unfold like flow’rs before Thee,
    Op’ning to the sun above.



    Melt the clouds of sin and sadness;
    Drive the dark of doubt away;
    Giver of immortal gladness,
    Fill us with the light of day!



All Thy works with joy surround Thee,
Earth and heav’n reflect Thy rays,
Stars and angels sing around Thee,
Center of unbroken praise.



  1. Field and forest, vale and mountain,
    Flow’ry meadow, flashing sea,
    Singing bird and flowing fountain
    Call us to rejoice in Thee.


  2. Thou art giving and forgiving,
    Ever blessing, ever blest,
    Wellspring of the joy of living,
    Ocean depth of happy rest!



    Thou our Father, Christ our Brother,
    All who live in love are Thine;
    Teach us how to love each other,
    Lift us to the joy divine.



    Mortals, join the happy chorus,
    Which the morning stars began;
    Father love is reigning o’er us,
    Brother love binds man to man.


  3. Ever singing, march we onward,
    Victors in the midst of strife,
    Joyful music leads us Sunward
    In the triumph song of life.

12 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL . . . thank you . . .
    Merry Christmas . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are beautiful words...I found myself singing them softly.

    I hope these days are filled with warmth and peace for you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that hymn, and the accompanying photos are perfect. Hope you're enjoying every minute of Advent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Bonnie, you chose such lovely pictures to accompany the words of this beautiful hymn.

    I wish you a very merry Christmas and days of joy to follow.

    Arleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Bonnie - beautiful message you have shared here my friend and your pictures just are perfect with these joyous words. Thank you for making my morning delightful - hope you have the same. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! Merry Christmas to you

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhh I loved this one bonnie, especially those rays of light (and hope)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful and appropriate illustrations, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beethoven! It took me awhile to put the words with the music, then I found myself singing it all the way to the end! Thankyou for that, so fitting for the season and for all time. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Beethoven....If the post had gone as planned, perhaps I would have remembered to have given credit.☺️ It is one of my favorite hymns. Merry Christmas to you!

      Delete
  10. One of my favorites! Merry Christmas to you and yours from one Bonnie to another.

    ReplyDelete